Company Name, Location of the Headquarter, and Name of Company’s Representative:
Company Name: Capcom Co., Ltd.
Location of the Headquarter: 3-1-3 Uchihirano-machi, Chuo-ku, Osaka, 540-0037 Japan
Name of Company’s Representative: Haruhiro Tsujimoto
1) The Company collects the following personal information from Members using the CAPCOM ID service:
a) Information, including but not limited to e-mail addresses, names, countries of residence, addresses, a date of birth, provided by a Member to the Company when the Member registers a CAPCOM ID or uses a service; information that is assigned by the Company that identifies, or that can be used to identify, a Member, such as an ID, a platform ID (i.e., a user identifier assigned by a game platform provider), or a hobby or preference;
b) information regarding the Member's actions (including but not limited to information regarding service usage history, save data, ranking data, articles posted by the Member, and friend information) in individual services the Member is able to log into with CAPCOM ID portal or CAPCOM ID;
c) information provided to the Company within the Company's game service based on the consent of the Member.
2) The Company uses Members’ personal information it collects to achieve the following purposes:
a) To provide CAPCOM ID and services that use CAPCOM ID (including managing and collecting of usage fees in the case of fee-based services);
b) to provide online matching between players of games provided by the Company or a third party;
c) to undertake statistical surveys and data analysis for ascertaining Members' usage trends in services to improve services and develop new content;
d) to conduct marketing activities related to products, services, and the like provided by the Company or a third party (including the provision of information related to products, services, and the like);
e) to ship rewards or products provided in the Service;
f) to provide support to resolve malfunctions;
g) to prevent misconduct carried out in relation to the Company's services;
h) any other matter for which the Member's prior consent has been obtained.
3) The personal information set forth in Section 1) above is handled by the Company on the following legal basis:
a) Performance of obligations set forth in agreements executed with Members;
b) and provision of smooth operation of services, together with other legitimate benefits such as improvement of services provided by the Company to Members and development of new services.
4) The Company may provide a Member's personal information to a third party in the following cases:
a) Cases in which the Member's prior consent has been obtained;
b) cases in which handling of personal information is consigned, within a scope necessary to achieve the usage purpose, to an outsource company of the Company, such as a subsidiary, affiliated company, cloud vendor, or service operating company, that has executed a confidentiality agreement for personal information with the Company;
c) cases in which the information is processed as statistical data, such that it cannot be used to identify an individual;
d) cases in which an official inquiry from a judicial agency or a government agency has been received;
e) or other cases when necessary according to law or an ordinance.
6) Members are not obligated to provide their personal information, and the Company shall handle the personal information of Members only when voluntarily provided at the Members' discretion. However, if an individual Member does not provide personal information when it is deemed necessary by the Company, then the Member may not be provided all or part of the Service or an Individual Service due to unavoidable circumstances.
7) A Member may, at any time, withdraw usage consent that he or she gave to the Company. However, that withdrawal of consent will not affect any processing that was carried out before the withdrawal.
8) Personal information acquired by the Company from customers is kept, for a period necessary to achieve the purpose of use.
Please refer to this page for guidance regarding disclosures and other requests in accordance with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information.
10) The Company will take correct and up-to-date measures regarding personal information, as well as put in place necessary and appropriate safety control measures (refer to this page for details under "3. Safety Control Measures."), and will perform appropriate supervision to ensure security when consigned to outside parties.
11) Provisions related to customers residing in the EEA or the UK:
a) If the Company intends to move personal information from Japan to a country or region other than the EEA or the UK, the Company will take sufficient measures to protect personal information by executing standard agreement clauses pursuant to the GDPR and taking other such measures.
b) If a customer resides in the EEA or the UK, the customer may be able to exercise his or her rights to access, correct, delete, or limit the processing of personal information or exercise information portability rights. However, please note that exercising these rights is limited to the personal information handled by the Company, within the applicable scope of GDPR.
c) Each customer has the right to submit an objection to the data protection authority with jurisdiction over the place of residence of the Company or the customer, with respect to the processing of personal information related to the customer.
d) In addition to the above online form, a data protection officer (DPO) and EEA regional data protection officer have each been appointed and perform operations to accept and handle the inquiries. The contact details for the DPO and EEA regional data protection officers are as follows:
3-1-3 Uchihirano-machi, Chuo-ku, Osaka, Japan 540-0037
Capcom Co., Ltd. contact details for inquiries about personal information (DPO):
（EEA regional data protection officer）
Capcom Entertainment Germany GmbH
Established on October 1, 2020
Revised on February 7, 2022
Revised on May 12, 2022